it’s been a crazy busy week… but today starts a loooooong weekend here in australia (labor day) – so, i’m jetting on a plane tonight to meet my man who’s been away the past week at a conference in the northeast corner of queensland where the ‘rainforest’ and ‘great barrier reef’ reside. (i’m so excited for a little r&r!) anyways… i’m short on time, but wanted to give all the howd.i.y. readers a quick little project before i go. this one is fun, simple & useful – it’s a case for your ipod, camera, phone or item of choice.
creation time: 30-60 mins
supplies: one piece of felt, one color of embroidery thread, needle, buttons & 2 ft of yarn
- measure your device which you wish to create this for (i made the one in the pic for an ipod)
- cut two identical pieces of felt from the original piece. Each piece should be 1.5 inches wider & 2.5 inches taller than your device measurements
- using the embroidery thread, sew the pieces together on 3 of the sides – on the top sew around each of the openings
- braid some yarn to use as a fastener – sewing the ends to the felt with the embroidery thread
- finish off with a cute button to add some personality… and there you are – a cheap & cute case personalized to your liking