well, my friends, i realize that it’s been nearly 3 months since i tied the knot and i’ve yet to share any real projects or photos with you all. my apologies!
let’s kick it off with this one… paper hearts made from the pages of a used book.
our wedding combined elements of vintage + rustic – and among other random things, travel + library decor. to play up the library theme we incorporated a lot of books, accessories + diy. i experimented a bit with various paper projects, but finally settled on this little gem. it’s super easy and they look pretty cute. my mom and i made around 100 of these one evening (over wine + tv). while you can easily string the hearts to make garland, we opted to scatter them around in some wire baskets. (see below for a photo of the hearts in use at our wedding!)
what you’ll need: an old book, scissors, a stapler
how to create your hearts:
1) rip the pages from the book
2) cut each page into 1 inch strips
3) take 4 strips of the paper, stack them on top of each other and staple them together at one end
4) take the other ends, holding 2 with one hand and 2 with the other
5) bend them backwards to form a heart shape touching the loose ends to the stapled end
6) pull the inside strips down a bit to create a smaller heart inside the bigger one
7) cut off any excess paper
8) staple the loose ends to the already stapled end
9) … and the hearts are ready for display!