are you a crafter at heart, but need a little kick start to get your creative juices flowing? if you answered ‘yes’, then might i recommend chronicle books? chronicle is a book publisher based in san fran with 40+ years under their belt. they specialize in putting out quality books, stationary and other merchandise in the art, design, photography, lifestyle and d.i.y. realm.
i first stumbled upon chronicle here in australia, thousands of miles from the country where i’m from and the books are made. my fav little bookstore in sydney’s the rocks area called ‘ariel‘ (check it out, it’s amazing), carries a good hearty helping of their products. while i have to pay a couple extra bucks for the import taxes… it’s well worth the many projects that the items ultimately make.
i’ve purchased several chronicle products in my day (which i highly recommend), including:
- fauna mandala mix & match stationary (gorgeous designs – paper, envelope & stickers)
- sublime stitching craft pad (so worth the $, tons of designs – and perfect for the beginning cross-stitcher)
- stencil 101 stationary (i actually cut a few of the cards in half and framed the stenciled art)
- water spouts & chimney tops perpetual calendar (the too cute calendar that never goes out of date)
- listography journal (your own mini autobiography – minus the need for writing skills)
knit knack kit: simple instructions and tools for 25 terrific knitting projects (i must admit, this one is still sitting in the closet, but soon it will make a crafting appearance. i actually got this one when i was last visiting the us and found it on the sale rack at barnes & noble)